DREAM BIG, AIM HIGH
AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
In 1883 a school was established in the Scottish Presbyterian Hall in Woodstock.
Nine years later the school was moved to the Masonic Hall Buildings in Victoria Walk, but these buildings became too small and new accommodation was sought.
In 1905 a school was built in Balfour Street. This is now Queen's Park High School. The boys and girls were separated into two schools under the same roof. In 1921 the school was known as The Woodstock Secondary School.
Two separate buildings were erected in Mountain Road, one was Woodstock Boys' School, completed in 1922 and the other, Woodstock Girls' School, completed in 1923.
In January 1972 these two schools were amalgamated and the school was called Mountain Road School.
In 1977 Mountain Road Primary was proclaimed a Public School. In 1985 the two buildings were joined by the construction of a central building which houses the hall, tuck shop, offices and After-Care centre.
In 1990 our community voted overwhelmingly in favour of admitting pupils without discrimination. In 1992 Mountain Road Primary School was proclaimed a state-aided school.
In 1997 the school was re-proclaimed a Public School, in accordance with the S.A. School's Act of 1996. The school became self-governing in 1999.